Frustrated that your website is anything but productive, you’ve decided to find a designer or perhaps a friend to fix it. You won’t be alone with that idea. Even your friends have suggested it. Don’t do it.
First, instead of trashing the whole thing or jumping in anywhere, evaluate the site to see where it’s going wrong. Then, either you, a designer-developer, or your friend knows what to do to make your website better.
It takes a little time to do this first step, but you’ll discover exactly what you need to do. Let’s not waste time starting from scratch or guessing; go for what needs to be fixed.
- Where do you find a Usable, Helpful Web Evaluation? (The Website Eval download link is in there, too.)
OK, you have the Website Eval and you’re going to work on it as soon as you can. There are a couple of thing you can do right now…
Here are some “right now” scenarios to do if you can’t get into the website redesign just yet.
- How to Improve Your Website Right Now
- Your Website Can Generate Better Results with these 6 Steps.
- Does Your Website Connect with Customers?
What about an example to show where you’re going?
There is a 3-part story of a static (non-changing) website that was moved to WordPress and brought into the self-publishing era.
- Website Redesign Step 1: Evaluate
- Website Redesign Step 2: Collect, Write and Re-evaluate
- Website Redesign Winner: Now It’s Newsy and Simple
Ready to move to WordPress? Here are some basics.
Now let’s get down to doing the move or improving your WordPress website. It takes some effort and some time, but these posts will get you started.
- What you should know about WordPress Free Themes
- WordPress Theme Selection that Works
- Moving to WordPress: A Strategy for Success
- Here’s a Quick Way to Learn WordPress
Time spent reading all these posts and pages, learning some techniques and do’s and don’ts should help your website makeover be a successful one. You have complete control of this boat. All you need to do is read and follow up on the suggestions and resources. Maybe a little study, just to make sure you’ve got the web-building basics in your head.
M O R E ? See the 4-Part Web Improvement Plan: Get Started. Each part is explained with sugestions and resources to help you continue with your complete Website Improvement.